P V Rajeev is a retired Economic Adviser of the Government of India. He has published 16 books and over 100 articles on economic, social, political, educational and international issues. His publications include:
BOOKS PUBLISHED BY P.V.RAJEEV
1. Economic Development and Unemployment – Relevance of the Kerala Model, Asian Publication Services, New Delhi, 1983.
2. India – A Nation in Transition, Asian Publication Services, New Delhi, 1985.
3. Towards A New World Order, Asian Publication Services, New Delhi, 1988.
4. Understanding Economics, Hind Pocket Books, New Delhi, 1989.
5. Economic Development of Asian Countries, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1990.
6. Resource Mobilization in India and Pakistan, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1991.
7. Socio-Economic Change and Regional Development, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1991.
8. World Marches Towards 21st Century, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1992.
9. Economics For Managers, Global Business Press, New Delhi, 1992.
10. Economic Development in the 21st Century, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1994.
11. Essays on Modern India, Asian Publication Services, New Delhi, 1995.
12. Economic Reforms and Beyond, Asian Publication Services, New Delhi, 1996.
13. (With C.K.G.Nair) India – The Emerging Economic Super Power, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1998.
14. Planning For Social Reforms, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1999.
15. India – A New Chapter (Hindi), Radha Publications, New Delhi, 2001.
16. India in the Age of Globalization (Hindi), Radha Publications, New Delhi, 2009.
1) Comparative Economic Development in Kerala and Rajasthan, Rajasthan Economic Journal, Vol. VI, No.2, July, 1982.
2) Flow of Gulf Money (Malayalam), Satyanadam, 6th January, 1980.
3) Impact of Gulf Money on the Kerala Economy, June 1, 1980 Yojana
4) What is Psychology? (Malayalam), Satyanadam, August 10, 1980.
5) Mixed Economy – A Failure? (Malayalam), Satyanadam, July 20, 1980.
6) A Transport Policy for India, Yojana, April 16-30, 1982
7) Gandhi on Economic Problems, Economic Times, October 3, 1981
8) Union Budget No Surprises, Career and Competition Times, April 1982
9) National Leadership – The Real Missing Link, Caravan, February (First) 1982
10) Unemployment in Kerala (Malayalam), September 10 and 11, Kerala Times, 1982
11) Reforming the Parliamentary System, Democratic World, February 18, 1990
12) Nehru on Hindu-Sikh Relations, Democratic World, April 22, 1990
13) Threat to the Environment, (radio broadcast) All India Radio, Rohtak, 26th February, 1990.
14) Comparative Economic Performance of India and Pakistan, Strategic Analysis, July 1991, Vol. XIV, No.4
15) The New Economic Environment and India’s Defence Strategy, Strategic Analysis, November, 1991
16) Why Communism Failed? Third Concept, October-November, 1991
17) Resource Mobilization in India and Pakistan, The Observer of Business and Politics, 3rd March, 1992
18) (With I.R. Khurana) Agricultural Subsidies in India, Agricultural Situation in India, September, 1993
19) Unemployment in Kerala, The Hindu, March 15, 1994
20) A Case for Political Reforms, The Hindu, November 9, 1993
21) For a Sterner Fiscal Regime, Observer of Business and Politics, April 6, 1995
22) Economic Reforms in India, Yojana, March 15, 1995
23) Finance Commission – Major Recommendations, Yojana, May 1995
24) Need to Restrict Non-Plan Expenditure, Observer of Business and Politics, June 12, 1995
25) Attracting FDI in Core Sectors, Observer of Business and Politics, July 13, 1995
26) Emergent Trends in Finance, Observer of Business and Politics, September 12, 1995
27) Development: Key Lies in Economy, Economic Times, November 10, 1995
28) (With N.J.Kurien) Self-Employment and Capacity Enhancing Programmes, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, July- September, 1995
29) Waning Momentum of Reforms, Observer of Business and Politics, January 3, 1996
30) A Relative Phenomenon, Observer of Business and Politics, January 24, 1996
31) The Kerala Model – A Development Paradox, Business Line, February 10, 1996
32) The Burden of Crude Oil Imports, Observer of Business and Politics, February 12, 1996
33) Educational Development Enhances Social Welfare, Observer of Business and Politics, April 10, 1996
34) The Next Economic Crisis, Observer of Business and Politics, May 16, 1996
35) Needed: A Mass Movement Against Corruption, Observer of Business and Politics, 25th June, 1996
36) Revitalizing the Medium of Radio, Observer of Business and Politics, July 2, 1996
37) (With N.J. Kurien) Priorities in Plan Allocation in Major Indian States, Yojana, July 1996
38) Poverty and Food Security, Business Line, 13th July, 1996
39) Social Development in India – The Regional Dimensions, Southern Economist, September 1, 1996
40) Taxing the Farm Sector, Business Line, 16th September, 1996
41) Inspite of Getting Money Kerala Didn’t Develop (Malayalam) Deepika, October 2, 1996
42) Waiting for the Messiah, Observer of Business and Politics, 23rd November, 1996
43) Transport and Communication – Regional Dimensions (in) Gowda and Subrahamanya (ed) Infrastructure Development for Economic Growth, Deep and Deep Publications, 1997
44) Social Development – Regional Dimensions (in) Gowda and Subrahamanya (ed) Infrastructure Development for Economic Growth, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 1997
45) Wither Global Food Security? Business Line, 11th January, 1997
46) Poverty and Food Security in India, Southern Economist, January 15, 1997
47) Good Prospects if Reforms Continue (Malayalam), Deepika, 12th March, 1997.
48) Wrong Priorities, Observer of Business and Politics, April 7, 1997
49) Causes of Unemployment in Kerala: A Overview, Southern Economist, May 1, 1997
50) The Growth – sans – Inflation Ideal, Business Line, May 30, 1997
51) (with B.A. Prakash and V. Ashokan), Migration of Educated Labour: Causes and Problems (Malayalam), Mathrubhumi, August 26, 1997
52) Finance Commission Recommendations – An Analysis, Southern Economist, May 15, 1995
53) (With B.A. Prakash) Indian Migration to the Middle East in BA Prakash (ed) Indian Migration to the Middle East, Spellbound Publications, Rohtak, 1998
54) (With N.J. Kurien) Self-Employment and Capacity Enhancing Programmes (in) Radhakrishna and Sharma (ed) Empowering Rural Labour in India, IHD, New Delhi, 1998
55) (With B.A. Prakash and V. Ashokan) Inter-Regional Migration of Educated Labour to Delhi in B.A. Prakash (ed) Kerala’s Economic Development – Issues and Problems, Sage Publications, New Delhi, 1999
56) Economic Restructuring in India (Hindi), Rajbhasha Bharati, March, 2000
57) Communication is the Crux of the Issue (Language Policy), Hindu, 25th July, 2000
58)Second Generation Reforms Needs Programme of Action, Southern Economist, May 1, 2001
59)(With Arvind Virmani), Excess Food Stocks, PDS and Procurement Policy, Planning Commission Working Paper No.5/2002 – PC, May, 2002
60) (With Ravinder Jit) Information and Communication Technology: Its Role in Education (in) Psychological Implications of Information Technology, Deep and Deep Publications, New Delhi, 2003.
61)‘Food Security – TPDS’ Chapter in IGNOU study material for Masters Degree Programme in Rural Development, March 2005.
62)Chapter on ‘Social Sector’ in Bihar Economic Survey 2007-08, March 2008.
63) Global Financial Crunch (in) Third Concept, January 2009.
64)(With C.S.Sundaresan) Trade, Distribution and Food Security in India (in) B.A. Prakash (ed) The Indian Economy Since 1991 – Economoc Reforms and Performance, Pearson Education, Delhi, 2009.
65) Resource Mobilization in India – Some Issues (in) N.J.Kurian and Jacob John (ed) Sub-National Fiscal Sustainability in a Globalised Setting, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2009.
66)Not all is lost for UPA yet (in) Business Line, 24th May, 2012